Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blog on hiatus

I stopped blogging on the subject when I realized that even my friends who blogged on the topic were getting their TSA abuse information from other sources. So, really, no incentive to put in the work if this isn't going to succeed as the one-stop shop for TSA abuse news: I'll stay focused on class action abuse.

I'm happy to turn over the keys to someone else interested in picking up on the issue. Let me know.

For now, two last tidbits: Six-year-old girl groped by TSA.

TSA admits that they punish those who complain by singling them out for additional scrutiny. They justify this abuse by claiming it's just "profiling," though terrorists more typically try to avoid scrutiny. And heaven forfend TSA engage in profiling that is actually meaningful.

I've been through airport security twenty times since my last post, and was able to time my trip through security nineteen of those times to avoid the Rapiscans (either because the Rapiscans were closed, or were not at every line and one could simply stand on the line without the Rapiscan—which makes sense, anyway, because those lines are invariably faster), and opted out the twentieth time. The opt-out grope ended up being more perfunctory than usual because the TSA official was so embarrassed when he accidentally yanked down my unbelted suit pants, which, due to recent weight loss, need the belt to stay up.

4 comments:

  1. For what it's worth, I get all my TSA abuse info from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get why the airport security lines are so long, and I wouldn't mind as much if I could just get some cheap airline tickets once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please join us at the TSA News Blog and at Travel Underground.

    For some reason this blog isn't allowing me to post the URLs. So go to TSA News Blog, dot-com domain; and to Travel Underground, dot-org domain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone else out there want to join me in a class action suit agains the TSA abuse? Does anyone know a lawyer who specializes in this? An ignorant, predatory TSA Nazi was lording her power INSISTING she had to check my groin area after their faulty machine showed that area was showing radioactivity. WTF! I was wearing light weight jersey pants where it was obvious I was hiding nothing. I told this poor excuse of a human that under no circumstance that I will allow her hands to touch me. I told her that I would sooner strip down before I allowed this type of abuse. She called the guards and hit me hard in the arm when I tried to retrieve my purse. When the supervisor came, I volunteered to go to a private room to undress but they said that that was not the procedure & that I needed the agent to feel this area. I had no choice but to pick another agent or miss my flight. They would not not let me take her name. It is obvious that they are protecting their own. I've endured their disgusting, predatory groping practices for the very last time.

    ReplyDelete